LC Training and Consultancy have developed this course to enable staff to have an understanding of the legal requirements and duties of care when administering medication. It is aimed at building staff confidence and reducing medication errors. There is a competency test at the end that will reassure you that staff have a clear understanding of their duties and can demonstrate how to safely administer medication.
- Have an understanding of the legislation which directly and indirectly influence the management of medicines in health care settings.
- Understand the role of the Care Quality Commission with regard to standards and management of medication.
- Explain the different groups of medication.
- Identify the routes of administration.
- Understand the importance of accurate recording and purpose of the MAR chart.
- Explain the “6 rights” check list.
£200 + vat*
* Subject to geographical location and number of learners.
Discounts apply if booked with another 2 courses