LC Training and Consultancy has developed this course for anyone caring for or who is involved in the care of people with dementia. The learner’s will gain an understanding of the types of dementia and how these impact on their ability to maintain independent skills. Learner’s will be able to understand how to manage and provide effective care with a greater awareness of the difficulties faced by the individual and their families. This course can be used in an induction programme.
- To understand the legislation protecting people with dementia
- To identify the different types of dementia
- To understand the effects of dementia
- To understand the difficulties supporting a person with dementia
- To identify other risk factors associated with dementia
- To implement strategies to improve quality of care
£150 + vat*
* Subject to geographical location and number of learners.
Discounts apply if booked with another 2 courses