Palliative Care Awareness
LC Training and Consultancy have developed this course to help staff to provide sensitive care and support, making sure staff are confident in the care they give to enable someone to have a good end of their life. They will accomplish this by gaining knowledge, building confidence and implementing new skills.
- Have an understanding of what palliative care is and how it is different from conventional care and treatment.
- Learn how to use the Edmonton Symptom Assessment Scale to provide effective support.
- Understand the different types of complimentary therapies.
- Understand the challenges of medical ethics
- Recognise the signs leading to the end of life.
- Understand the ‘Rites of Passage’ and your role with regard to this.
- Have an understanding of what a ‘good death’ is.
£200 + vat*
* Subject to geographical location and number of learners.
Discounts apply if booked with another 2 courses