LC Training and Consultancy have developed this course aimed at people caring for less mobile people who are at risk of developing pressure ulcers. Staff will learn about the function of our skin and how it protects us, how it becomes damaged and to look at the different stages of an ulcer. They will also learn how to reduce the risks of people developing ulcers through recognising the signs at the earliest possible stage and applying treatment. This is a safeguarding issue which can be avoided.
The course covers
- Interesting facts
- The function of our skin
- Identify a pressure ulcer and how they are graded
- How other conditions affect skin
- Identify the risk factors
- How to use an assessment tool
- To be proactive in the prevention of pressure ulcers.
- What is suitable equipment
£150 + vat*
* Subject to geographical location and number of learners.
Discounts apply if booked with another 2 courses